MICROCHIPPING - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All dogs in our care are microchipped prior to adoption.
- Your adoption contract will include your dog’s microchip number which will show up whenever your dog is scanned.
- Your dog’s microchip will be registered with one of the
following databases – all of which meet the government
- Shortly after adoption we will
change your dog’s microchip into your name.
- You will receive confirmation from
the database either by e-mail or post that your dog is
registered with them.
PLEASE KEEP THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE EMAIL/LETTER AS YOU WILL NEED THIS TO ACCESS YOUR DOG’S DETAILS AND TO UPDATE THEM IF/WHEN REQUIRED.
dog must still wear a collar and tag with your name and
address when in a public place.
Updating Your Details
You are responsible for keeping your dog’s microchip
information up to date, for example if you move house.
Contact the database your dog is registered with to
update any of your details.
You may be charged for updating your dog’s microchip
Additional Useful Information
- If you are buying a puppy
from a breeder – the breeder will have already
chipped your dog (this must be done before the dog is 6
- Adverse reaction and faulty
microchips – may be reported to the
Veterinary Medicines Directorate via the
Report a Suspected Problem link on
their web site.